OSI has an immediate, full-time opening for an outstanding Senior Optical Engineer with exceptional drive, ability, creativity, and vision to help us bring our products to market. This individual must be able to work independently as well as in a team and have strong problem solving skills. We offer a creative work atmosphere, state-of-the-art equipment, and broad responsibilities.
Designing, assembling, and testing our proprietary laser devices. Specific areas of responsibility include:
- Perform optical system design and testing
- Knowledge of laser safety including handling high power lasers
- High power fiber amplifier design and characterization
- Mid-IR spectral measurement using a spectrometer
- Collimated beam quality evaluation including M2 measurement
- Temporal testing using a fast detector and oscilloscope
- Assemble optical components
- Fiber fusion splicing and recoating
- Fiber routing and management
- Precision alignment of a silica fiber end to infrared fiber (e.g., flouride, chalcogenide) end coupling
- Mid-IR output beam collimation and alignment using reflective optics
- Design product packaging
- Knowledge of relevant government safety and labeling requirements
- Packaging must support and enhance device reliability and serviceability and must satisfy challenging space, power and thermal requirements
- Perform environmental testing
- Temperature, Humidity, Vibration
- B.S. or M.S. or PhD in Electrical or Optical Engineering (or equivalent)
- Minimum of three years of relevant hands-on or laboratory experience
- Applicant must be U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (e.g., Green Card Holder)
- Experimental experience with fiber optics, lasers, and associated instrumentation
- Excellent trouble-shooting skills
- Demonstrated experience working with a variety of computer software applications, such as MS Office, NI LabView, 3D CAD, etc.
It would be beneficial if the applicant has experience with high power laser diodes or optical amplifiers, mid-infrared light generation and detection, prototype development, and thermal management and packaging design.
Qualified applicants should submit their resume for consideration to:
Cindy Pletz, Office Manager
Omni Sciences, Inc.
2125 Bishop Circle West, Floor 2
Dexter, MI 48130-8583
NOTE: Applicants must be U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident